In the northeast of France lies the beautiful city of Lille. For 10 euros you can take a quick 1 hour train ride from Paris and explore this magnificent city. Lille is a popular college city, with many students adding drama and entertainment for patrons at cafes people watching. The city boast beautiful architecture of varying styles, plenty of shopping and gardens galore. Throughout all seasons, Lille (and surrounding areas) is a perfect city to visit and explore.
Some of the points of interest include:
- Lille Cathedral (Basilique-cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-la-Treille)
- Citadel of Lille
- Palais des Beaux-Arts de Lille
- Jardin botanique de la Faculté de Pharmacie
- Jardin botanique Nicolas Boulay
- Jardin des Plantes de Lille